Since its inception in the early 1980s, this variety of Taiwan Oolong tea, also known as “ Jin Xuan”, has captivated tea drinkers around the world. Organic tea growing area, pure leaf, and expert processing, all come together to make for a rich tea experience. The taste is light and flowery and sometimes referred to milk.
This strain and its subsequent additive-free processing makes for a delightfully aromatic and creamy cup. It's a great daily drinker and it's a great tea to learn what a lightly oxidized tea can offer. This batch of organic oolong tea was sourced from an artisan who has repeatedly won first prize in the National Tea Trade Association’s Jin Xuan Oolong Tea Competitions.
Golden Daylily is a lightly oxidized oolong tea and produces a soft, smooth and almost creamy brew with a delicate, floral aroma.
It has an enchanting taste, rich complexity, and natural after-taste. Along with various flower aroma of light fermentation tea, it features a natural delicate smell of milk. This natural milk smell can only be found in Jin Xuan Taiwan oolong tea.
The health benefits of tea range far and wide, and a cup of oolong tea goes a long way when it comes to your well-being.
As one of the most popular and traditional types of tea in China and Taiwan, oolong is known to provide robust health benefits when consumed on the regular.
There’re many health benefits of oolong that we can experience if we start to drink it:
- Boosts your metabolism, causing weight loss. Oolong tea helps you burn fat faster by raising your metabolism for up to two hours after drinking it.
- Lowers cholesterol. Organic oolong tea is known to reduce cholesterol levels and promote heart health. Because oolong tea is semi-oxidized, it produces a perfectly sized polyphenol molecule that is able to activate the enzyme lipase, which is known to dissolve body fat.
- Increases mental alertness. This magic drink is known to revitalize your mental alertness and performance, naturally, because it contains caffeine. Be careful if you are sensitive to caffeine and limit your consumption to one lightly steeped cup a day, or indulge a few times a week.
- Betters your skin condition. Oolong tea is able to suppress those allergic reactions because it combats free radicals, which is a healing property of an antioxidant.
- Prevents tooth decay. Both oolong and green tea protect teeth from acid produced by certain bacteria.